Scientist, Sample Processing
Caprion is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Scientist for its proteomic sample processing team. This individual will play a key role in performing a variety of techniques such as immuno-depletion, digestion and analysis by SCX and HPRP Chromatography on a variety of biological fluids and tissue study samples following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Process biological samples for analysis by mass spectrometry;
- Autonomously design and perform experiments for troubleshooting;
- Apply technical expertise to modify and improve sample preparation workflow;
- Execute work as per established procedures or R&D work instructions;
- Maintain study-related documentation according to GLP and regulatory guidance;
- Monitor the performance of equipment and recording activities in logbooks;
- Perform general laboratory duties;
- Prepare and review documentation for experiments;
- Perform work in a GLP environment and occasionally in a containment level 2 (CL2) environment.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of sample processing for proteomics analysis, such as immuno-depletion and digestion techniques is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience with chromatography-based techniques (eg., operating HPLC instruments) is a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and as part of a team;
- Skill to accurately test large numbers of samples with reliable repeatability;
- Good record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work;
- Experience working in industry is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org