Scientific Program Manager
Caprion is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Scientific Program Manager to organize and coordinate scientific programs. The Scientific Program Manager provides strategic guidance to teams and Principal Scientists to align with the company’s objectives.
The Scientific Program Manager must have a science degree and must have several years of experience conducting projects in the analytical field.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Scientific Program Manager:
- Manages a portfolio of programs (multiple ongoing projects);
- Provides support at the project-level activity to ensure the program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at project level;
- Provides the Principal Scientists with a program perspective when required, or as a sounding board for ideas and approaches to solving project issues that have program impacts;
- Identifies and manages cross-project dependencies;
- Set overall project objectives, identify milestones and agree to timetables for achieving intermediate and overall project goals;
- Set review dates to ensure that projects remain on target;
- Proactively assess program performance; Will coordinate and monitor progress across all projects and establish a formal reporting structure for overall program progress;
- Develops and monitors deadlines and budgets overall for program milestones;
- Resolves issues and initiates appropriate corrective actions (or interventions) wherever gaps in the program are identified;
- Reports the progress of the program (as well as projects) at regular intervals to Program Director;
- Performs tracking of deliverables in conjunction with client and internal customers;
- Conducts ongoing teleconferences with the client, managing the agenda and meeting minutes;
- Provides timely notification of all appropriate parties with deviations from timelines and/or deliverables;
- Conducts regular communication with team members, formal and informal, regarding study status or any other changes;
- Performs capacity planning for upcoming programs (as well as projects).
- MSc or equivalent
- Formal Project Management training
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years’ experience in a CRO, biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting as a Project manager in the analytical field.
- Knowledge in industry standards for the conduct of analytical studies.
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements for the conduct of analytical studies in support of clinical trials (exploratory vs secondary/primary endpoints).
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Excellent knowledge of project management and budgeting.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the program.
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Proficiency with MS Project and Excel.
Interested candidates should send their résumé by email to email@example.com