Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry and Serology (evenings and weekends)
Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Research Assistant for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular (ELISPOT and various flow cytometry assays such as phenotyping of PBMC, detection of intra-cellular cytokines, etc) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests, etc) immune response.
Tasks include :
- Perform testing according to current standard operating procedures.
- Manage reagents inventories and orders.
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory.
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents.
- Attend relevant internal training activities.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology and demonstrate a relevant laboratory experience. Theoretical and practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is required. Experience in cell culture and handling infectious materials in BL2+ environment is an asset.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.
Please, send your CV along with a short introduction letter to by email to Ms. S. Scorcioni (email@example.com). Additional information may be obtained by calling 071/37. 85.00.
Your application and any information will be treated confidentially.