The role of a Principal Scientist at Caprion Biosciences within the ImmuneCarta unit is responsible for (a) the overall conduct of studies in different immune-therapeutic area, (b) overseeing experimental testing design using multi-parametric flow cytometry and EliSpot technology (c) interpretation of data, as well as formulating conclusions/recommendations for next steps, (d) presentation of results to Sponsor and scientific meetings as well as general presentations as support function to Business Development activities, (e) ensuring that the timelines/milestones of a study are met by proactively assessing foreseeing challenges, (f) assessing impact of deviations and (g) overall quality of the study conduct. The candidate must have experience working in a GLP environment for which the analysis must be conducted in compliance to clinical protocol, SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology. Postdoctoral experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or in an equivalent position.
- Knowledge of modern immunology and kept abreast with current literature, immune monitoring methodologies and clinical trial design and regulations; knowledge and experience with flow cytometry techniques and its generic applications in the field of immune monitoring including testing design as well as handling complex data set of multi-color panels; knowledge of cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses;
- Experience working with FlowJo, Pestle, Spice, Prism and Excel;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies.
- Approaches work methodically and systematically. Establishes priorities from among a number of demands. Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills;
- Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions within the project goals; critical and creative thinker;
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal skills. Is fluent in French and English (written & spoken);
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Oversees the planning and progress of studies/projects under her/his responsibility;
- Designs and prepares detailed study-specific workplans and supporting documentation for immune monitoring protocols and assays; discusses with management and obtains approval as appropriate;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay qualification/validation phase;
- Instructs laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants and technicians) assigned to her/his projects;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per established timelines;delays are communicated in a proactive manner to client(s) with action plan to minimize the delays;
- Identifies resource constraints and inefficiencies and works with management to resolve;
- Prepares preliminary and final reports. Ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived. Participates in the preparation of presentations and publications in collaboration with clients when possible;
- Interacts regularly with clients, clinical sites and ImmuneCarta management to address project issues in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client. Documents study-related interactions and communications properly;
- Actively participates in the preparation and conduct of audits for clients or regulatory bodies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of Current Position:Must be willing to perform duties or supervise activities in Bio Safety Level (BSL) 1 or 2 facilities where biological samples may be either naturally or experimentally infected with potentially hazardous viruses such as HIV, HCV, or CMV. Employee is personally responsible for following Health and Safety guidelines/instructions.
Interested candidates should send their résumé by email to email@example.com