Principal Scientist / Study Director - ProteoCartaTM
Caprion is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to be responsible for scientific management of multiple research projects across a wide range of therapeutic areas. Studies involve advanced mass spectrometry/proteomics analysis of plasma, CSF, cells, tissue and other clinical or preclinical samples to obtain biological insights, such as the discovery of biomarkers, diagnostics or targets, as well as quantitative multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) analysis of biologics/biosimilars.
Specific Duties:The Principal Scientist will be directly responsible for general study conduct culminating in a final report. The successful candidate will:
- Lead the development of work-plans that specify a clear approach and timelines for achieving study objectives;
- Ensure the project team, composed of sample processing scientists, mass spectrometrists, bioinformaticians and biostatisticians, has a thorough understanding of the project goals and deliverables;
- Monitor the study from initiation through delivery;
- Be responsible for interpretation of results and provide scientific and technical input to the project team;
- Write scientific reports;
- Prepare presentations to the pharmaceutical partner;
- Be responsible for client communications and update the client regularly regarding the status of their project;
- Organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- An M.Sc. (with significant work experience) or Ph.D. in biology, analytical or protein chemistry, pharmacology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a CRO, biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting;
- Must have experience in the development and validation of quantitative biomarker, pharmacokinetic (PK) or analytical assays in a GLP setting;
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process, including CMC;
- Excellent understanding of mass spectrometry and protein chemistry;
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects and external stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills are essential;
- Experience in working in a matrix organization;
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send their résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org