IT Application Specialist
The incumbent will be part of a team responsible for the administration, optimization and support of the Information Technology infrastructure.
- Administer system and application installation, upgrades and daily operational activities;
- Provide technical support to end users;
- Act as the IT subject matter expert and a first contact for user requests;
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts and engage all necessary parties including vendors to bring issues to resolution;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application defects through root-cause and impact analysis;
- Be involved in IT projects in order to manage the transition from implementation to production;
- Gather application configuration and integration requirements, analyse and document;
- Configuration management;
- Create technical specifications and technical design documentation including process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, use cases and error handling specifications;
- Participate in defining system or application test plans, create test scenarios, test scripts and execute tests;
- Prepare technical and user level presentations and conduct training.
Experience and Skills:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or pertinent/proven professional experience;
- 3+ years of professional experience;
- Experience using and administrating systems and applications under both Linux and Windows environments;
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile;
- Experience in programming using high level programming languages such as Java or C#;
- Experience in scripting using Perl, Python, Bash or PowerShell;
- Knowledge of ETL and database access, querying and reporting under Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL;
- Strong client relationship skills, highly organized, capacity to multi-task and handle fast-paced environments;
- Bilingual, English and French, spoken and written.
Interested candidates should send their résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org